Sometimes getting your child to eat anything healthy can be very stressful. I find that this cheesy veggie muffin recipe does the job… and the greatest thing about this recipe is that you can use just about any vegetable you want!
Great for the little ones lunch box… Even yours! If you are a working mother…!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Two cups self-raising flour
Three cups vegetables (grated carrot, grated onions, corn kernels, sweet peas, chopped shallots, chopped broccoli, fresh herbs are some suggestions)
1 1/3 cups grated tasty cheese. (today I used parmesan, red cheddar and mozzarella cheese)
½ cup milk
60g butter, melted
1. Preheat oven 180°C (160°C fan forced) and grease a 12-hole (1/3 cup) muffin pan with cooking spray.
2. Place flour into a large mixing bowl and stir in grated vegetables and cheese. Mix well.
3. Whisk milk and eggs together and add cooled melted butter. Pour into the flour mixture and stir gently until just incorporated.
4. Divide evenly amongst muffin pan and bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. A skewer inserted into the middle should come out clean.
5. Cool in the tin before turning onto a wire rack to cool .